The launch of the latest major update pack by Microsoft is significantly delayed. We will probably receive the first update, scheduled for March and identified with number 1903, by the end of May. What changes will be introduced? In fact, there will be many, in such areas as:
- Start menu, where you will now have the option of unpinning whole groups of utilities or folders. The Start menu will become a separate process instead of a shell component.
- Action Center, where you will be able to right-click to edit specific actions and use a screen brightness adjustment slider (for notebook PCs).
- Taskbar and System tray, where Cortana has been distinguished (not available in Poland anyway), like the Search function, and a microphone activity icon is added, showing which application is now using the mike.
- File Explorer, with a slight adjustment of graphic effects and a new added file sorting pattern in Downloads.
- Windows Updates, with added options for withholding updates for 7 days (also available for the Home edition) and the underlying Windows Update mechanism redeveloped. This is one of the reasons why the new system release needs 7GB more disk space, reserved specifically for WU.
There will also be certain minor modifications to the Notepad, Games bar, console (cmd.exe), Your Phone application and many other system components, which can affect the overall system performance.
Click the video below to view the changes: